Monday, September 22, 2008

One busy weekend

I must say that I had a great time this weekend but I was so busy that it flew by. On Saturday I had a 5k run in my home town, and it started out chilly, but I made it through and I had a PR. I run the 5k in 26 min and 56 sec. not only that I now have my first age group placing. I was 2nd in the 20-24 females. I was pretty pumped the rest of the day on those two things. Then Sunday my boyfriend and I went to the lake with my dad for one last ride in his boat. Now this boat is pretty big, it is about 13 feet high, 10 feet wide and about 30 feet long. They had never put it in the water, the guy that put on the new motor launched it for them and they just kept it in a slip at the lake cause of it begin so big, so that being said they have never taken it out of the water either. So Andrew, I and my dad and stepmom had to load this boat with no way but the power of the boat and Andrew and my step mom pulling with a rope and me keeping it from floting off, and my dad trying it give it just enough power while not giving it too much, and really it was not that bad and went pretty smoothly. I will be there on Tuesdays and Thursday so I can get all of my miles in this week. Hope everyone had a great weekend!

3 comments:

Susan Michaels said...

Way to go on the PR congrats.

Bobby said...

Awesome on your PR. I heard Deon got a PR also. Congrats to both of you.

Cassy Russell said...

Heard you smoked that high-schooler after her friends started talking smack. Way to go!!